Saturday, June 30, 2012

Roasted Red Pepper Spaghetti with Goat Cheese...

Still going strong on my new vegetarian road....I have quite a few recipes that I've found that I really love, I just haven't had time to post them. Our closest friends up the road moved this week to Las Vegas and so we've been having good-bye parties and watching their son so they can pack, etc....but through all of that, the only thing I've been restricting is meat and I'm down 5.5 lbs since Monday. Yes, I realize that at the beginning of any new "thing" weight comes off faster, etc - but I'm happy.

Yesterday, we decided to take the kids to see "Brave" and instead of driving the 1/2 mile to the theatre, we decided to walk to the movie and then stop by Trader Joe's to get some stuff for dinner. I made our new favorite Pasta which is here:

http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/main-courses/roasted-red-pepper-pesto-pasta-with-goat-cheese/

I made homemade Roasted Red Pepper Pesto which I found here:
http://www.dainty-chef.com/2012/02/roasted-red-pepper-pesto-for-ravioli.html

And we both loved it! We've had it twice this week so far with some oven roasted broccoli, which is my absolute favorite veggie. So, I'm a happy girl - feeling good and successful and not deprived....I still won't eat Tofu or fake meat though, that's where I draw the line....

No comments: