Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Success...so far

So, today, I weighed 246.9...so, down almost 2 lbs. Which is exciting, but typical of starting a new diet. So, I'm optimistic, but I've been here before. In fact, I've been at this weight before, just a few months ago...

I bought a pedometer yesterday, which is fun. But, mine keeps resetting itself. I think I may be accidentally hitting the reset button, the one I had before had a little cover over the reset. Who knows? My goal right now is 4,000 steps. I want to work up to 10,000, but for someone who sits a lot I think 4,000 is good. We'll see how today goes and maybe adjust that.

I love the beginning time of a new eating program. The excitement, the big weight losses, the ease...at least its that way for me. I have trouble in about week 2...3....4....I've always had trouble sticking with something difficult. I hope it will be different this time, one day, hour, moment at a time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My biggest thing is accountability. I do not have anyone who I am accountable to or who would care...I am not being dramatic...just truthful. I could eat a whole bag of Oreos and who would know?

It's kind of like a tree falling in the forest - does anyone hear it? Does anyone know that I ate a whole bag of Oreos?

TheologyMom said...

you can tell me...I have Mark, but even with that other person, you get comfortable enough and since we both struggle with it - we don't hassle each other. Which is good, it think because we could come to resent each other. I'm just saying, I could eat a whole bag of oreos in front of Mark without thinking twice...which is good and also bad...

Anonymous said...

I crapped out at dinner. I went to Jimmy Mac's and ate three yeast rolls (Thank your lucky stars you've never tried one).

The sad thing is that I want the Ben & Jerry's in my freezer...this sucks!

CM