Monday, January 28, 2008

Yipee!

So, this week has been SOOO much better than last week, it could be the diuretic I've been taking (don't worry, its "natural"), but finally my weight is dropping. This morning, I was 239.6 which is approx 11 pounds less than I think I was when I started...if you remember, I didn't have a scale for the first week and so I'm estimating that I was 250 when I started because that seems to be my "set point" or was my "set point". So, I'm really excited. The strange thing is that I haven't worked out as much yet this week...just been busy and not feeling that great, etc..

I'm excited to go to my meeting tomorrow, I hope I'm able to, we're supposed to get 3 inches of snow tonight....

So, here are a few of my tips or favorite things I've been eating since starting WW...

1. My favorite new lunch is a grilled sandwich with Diet bread, a tiny bit of "I Can't Believe its Not Butter", Low Fat cheese and a few thin slices of ham...its 5 points and I feel like I'm cheating.
2. I love salad, but I was getting a little tired of it so I bought a bag of pre-made "Broccoli Slaw" at the store, its just shredded broccoli, carrots and purple cabbage. I mix it with a little of Newman's Lofat Honey Mustard Dressing and some slivered almonds...it is SO good!
3. Ambrosia Apples...yes they are $2.99/lb...but when you are dieting and trying to eat apples in the dead of winter a really good apple is a must.
4. WW Southwestern Sloppy Joes....so good, the perfect combo of spicy and sweet...
5. WW Chicken Enchiladas...I made them last weekend and I'm making them again this weekend. There's just something about being able have Mexican food when you're dieting that feels so endulgent. And I have a great recipe.
6. 100 Calorie Packs...of anything, especially sweet things, because I'm a sweets person...I don't really like the oreo or chips ahoy ones, but Keebler makes them too and theirs are better...Fudge Stripes, Pepperidge Farm Chessmen and of course the Hostess Cupcakes...Heaven.
7. Then since we're discussing dessert...and I am....Skinny Cows are the best, especially the Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches...also WW's own ice cream products are good too, I really like the Chocolate Toffee Ice Cream Bars.

I was reading another blog of someone who is tracking weight loss and is doing WW and she was saying that this last week she had not had any dessert or soda of any kind...and I just thought, "I couldn't do it"...well, I could do it, but I wouldn't be as happy as I am with my daily treat. I'm loving this!

No comments: