Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Enjoying the Journey

I realized something earlier today...I'm actually enjoying eating this way. I've literally been on every diet known to man, in fact I think I was on my first one at about age 10 (which is another story for another day)...I've even done WW before, but this is the first time that I'm not dreading what I'm eating or getting burned out with the same old thing every day. Last year at this time Mark and I were on Nutrisystem and we were convincing ourselves that we could eat prepackaged and freeze dried foods for a year and get our weight off...we were wrong

But it hit me today that not only am I happy with the progress that I'm making, but I'm happy with the journey...which is a switch for me. Instead of just enduring in hopes that I'll make it, I'm enjoying myself...which is a great feeling. Now if in a month I feel differently, please don't say "I told you so"...I know there will be valleys to go with the mountain tops...I do have over 100 pounds to lose...but I'm enjoying the peaks...

BTW, I was down 2.8 last night and got my 5 lb sticker (I've actually lost 7 according to WW and 12 according to my scale at home) so its all good....

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Congratulations! My scale has stayed the same for the past week 1/2 but I refuse to give up! You have encouraged me...good luck this week too! OH...and i'm on twitter...BeeDiva