Sunday, August 9, 2009

Almost One Week Down...

So, I was down 8 lbs this morning, which is great! But, I'm struggling a little this afternoon...I've told myself that at least for the first 30 days I'm going to try and follow the meal plans laid out by the 50 million pound challenge as closely as possible and so far it seems to be working really well. Its really not boring, there is a lot of variety, I'm normally not hungry ever...the veggie burger didn't go very well - I just don't think I'm a veggie burger kind of gal...but otherwise, its been great. But today, for some reason is a really low protein day. I had cherrios and a piece of fruit for breakfast, a salad with lo-fat dressing for my second meal and my third meal is supposed to be veggies with brown rice. So, not a lot of protein so far - the milk in the cherrios is about it...plus, I drank way more coffee at church this morning than normal and it has all left me a little shaky, but not hungry which is weird...I'm thinking a sugar free pudding for a snack this afternoon and the spaghetti for dinner will help immensly - if I can just make it to then.

I had a birthday party for the bff this weekend and I did really well...I was asked to bring my famous, at least in my own mind, caramel/toasted almond cupcakes which I was happy to do. But, let me tell you, these cupcakes have the best brown sugar buttercream on them that I have ever tasted, I love this stuff and I love cupcakes like you wouldn't believe. I can give you an in-depth analysis of the two major cupcake bakeries in the greater Seattle area - waxing poetically about the frosting vs. cake ratio, which is moistest, who's buttercream has the best texture...I'm an expert. So, it was a little difficult...I did have a few fingerfulls of cake batter and frosting as I was baking, I'm not going to lie and I had one bite of another cupcake at the party but that was all....which is a huge victory for me. I made sure that I had a satisfying, filling dinner, which helped immensly. I would love to get to the point that I don't have to be so vigilant with myself about having one cupcake, etc...but for now, I need to make it through this initial 30 days and remain successful. I'm not sure what the key is to long term weight loss success. I think different things work for different people. I do think you just have to do it...that is the key. Pick something and stick with it, which is what I'm trying to do...

No comments: