Monday, August 24, 2009

Back on a Losing Streak....

I'm off the plateau and it feels good! I have now lost 11 lbs since I started, which is great. the better news is, I started my 4th week today and I haven't yet given up....which is something for me.

I had a rewarding "normal" eating day yesterday. We went out to lunch with some friends to this great pasta place...I was kind of nervous about it. I had eaten a breakfast of cherrios and fruit so I was really hungry for lunch. I ordered the chicken lasagna, which wasn't the lowest fat option, but better than the mac n cheese, which also looked really yummy. I ate what I wanted, until I was full, which was about 1/2 of my lasgana plus the bread that came with it. I was completely satisfied...we decided to take the kids to McDonalds for an ice cream cone afterwords and I decided that a cone sounded really good, so I had one...it was yummy...I wasn't hungry again until around 7:00, so I decided to eat my leftover lasagna which was so good...then for desert I had some sugar-free Rice pudding with some whipped cream - my new favorite treat! It was such a great day to realize that I can eat "normal" food sensibly - I'm thinking of setting up Sunday as a day to eat not whatever I want, but to splurge a little, just to keep me going.

After all that, I was down another pound today! Very exciting!!

No comments: