Monday, August 10, 2009

On to week two...

So I ended up losing a full 7 lbs the first week of this journey, which I am really excited about. I was up about 1/2 lb this morning, we had company last night and I did really well, but I think I ate a little more than I have been up to now...

So far, I haven't added much exercise but my goal is to work on that next week after family camp. I'm usually pretty active at family camp - swimming, walking distances from cabin to dining hall, working in the kitchen (which I end up doing more than I would like)...but anyway, a purposeful exercise routine will begin next week. I'm really excited for when the kids go back to school, for many reasons, but one big one is the natural exercise it produces of walking them to and from school. I'm setting a goal this year that unless it is pouring rain, we are going to walk to and from school, there is no reason not to now that they are going to the same place...and, if I do both drop-off and pick-up it is right at 2 miles, which is great.

I'm trying to psych myself up for family camp eating. I'm not going to try and follow my prescribed food plan but just concentrate on smaller portions and good food choices. Fruit over candy, veggies over chips, etc...my goal is to just not gain anything, and if I happen to lose a lb or two, even better! I decided last night that 1 mini-goal, beyond my ultimate weight goal of 145, is that I would like to be under 200 when I turn 40, which is February 23, 2010...I think it is possible, I have 6 months to lose 58 lbs....so we will see, but I think its a good goal. I've also toyed with the idea of a tattoo for my 40th, but we'll see if that pans out...:)

No comments: