Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Reality of Week Two Sets in...

I know that when dieting, you always lose quite a bit week one and then, week two hits...its frustrating because I still need encouragement from the scale this week - in fact, maybe more because some of the excitment and determination of week one is starting to fade. I keep reminding myself that even on the Biggest Loser almost all of them lose very little in week two, but so far, it hasn't been helping me. This, I guess, is where the rubber starts meeting the road...the first of those real decisions - am I going to really do this or just play at it? Do I really want to change my life or just lose 10 lbs only to gain back 20 lbs later and keep going up and up? If week 2 feels like this, how is week 22 going to feel?

I have to keep going, I have no other choice, it has to be different this time...this is the mantra I repeat to myself as the scale stays the same three days in a row. And as this is more my normal mode of weight loss, not the 1-2 lbs per day of week one...I need to just buck up and get used to it...I have to keep going, I have no other choise, it has to be different this time...

No comments: