Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Foods I'm Loving....

So, I've been at it for two days now! Yea me!! I'm only being half sarcastic because my track record of late has been so horrible that going for two days eating healthy is a miracle...So, I've decided to let you in on some WW approved foods that I'm loving, at least for these past two days...

1. Yogurt Fruit Smoothies: So, I take the grocery-store brand light yogurt - the cheap stuff - and I blend it up with a little 1% milk, various fruits - strawberries, 1/2 banana, blueberries - and some ice...and it becomes a yummy 3 point breakfast for snack that really fills me up. The great thing is that my kids love them too - it's a great way to get my son, especially, to eat fruit. I know it's nothing new and everyone makes these, but I'm loving them and let's just pretend I invented them...

2. Quaker Caramel Corn flavored "Quakes" - they are like little rice cake chips and they are fine by themselves, but - with a Tbls of Peanut Butter to dip them in - oh my! Yummy! Yesterday I had 7 Quakes with PB for a 3 point snack...so good!

3. Strangely, I'm loving cut up veggies with no dressing...I know, weird, right? And I'm sure it's just a passing phase but, each day at lunch I've eaten a zip-loc bag full of carrots, grape tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, and radish...great way to get all your veggies in and very filling!

4. Mint Chocolate Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches...enough said...I don't let myself have one unless I've had all my fruit and veggie servings...

I realize, again, it's only been two days but these little treats are saving my life right now and that's what its all about...one day at a time...

No comments: