Saturday, March 10, 2012

More Eating Out....

I went to a movie and Cheesecake Factory today for my daughter's birthday and I did pretty well. I made choices that I think a "normal" person would make and that I would like to be able to make most of the time...We went to the movie first, and normally I would order a medium or large popcorn with butter and eat a good portion of it myself. Today, I refrained from any popcorn, knowing that we were also going to lunch afterwards.

Then, Cheesecake Factory has a "Skinnylicious" menu and it's really a great option - other than the fact that I had to estimate points because they don't have a detailed enough nutritional guide to figure the points accurately. So, they had my favorite Chicken Salad Sandwich on the Skinny menu - it is just a little smaller and the salad has lo-fat dressing on it. It was wonderful and around 500 calories, which isn't bad for eating out - I ate all my salad and left the crusts on my sandwiches, so my calories were probably a little less. Then, I shared a piece of cheesecake instead of having a whole one myself which cuts back on calories a lot...

I think the biggest thing for me to learn is that you can have a fun or "cheat" meal and not have it completely derail everything...that is my goal at least. It doesn't have to be a big deal and you have extra weekly WW points for a reason...I'm still really feeling great about things and that is amazing...

No comments: