Saturday, March 31, 2012

Reason #546 Why I Love WW....

So, I haven't had a great weight loss week, as referenced in my last post...that hasn't changed yet, but I have hope and I know it has to come off. But, yesterday, I was talking to my mom because she and my dad are on South Beach - as are my in-laws...I've so far been successful in not talking to my family about my WW journey but we were talking about their current endeavor and I remembered what I don't like about low-carb diets. Besides the fact that I don't lose weight on them as well as my husband does, I don't like having to completely cut sugar and other carbs like potatoes out of my diet. I've worked and worked before to cut it out and then when I have one bite of anything with sugar in it, it's all down hill...

With WW, I love the flexibility I have. My husband and I take Friday off and I've sort of decided that Friday will be the day I use my weekly points because we tend to go out for lunch or have people over, etc...Last Friday, we tried a new breakfast spot downtown called Tolousse - it was a sort of New Orleans place and they had beignets on the menu and they sounded really good - so we split a small order and they were yummy. So to counter that, I ordered the yogurt with fruit and granola for my entree and only ate about 1/2 of it and I was so satisfied.

Then, last night, we had friends over and my husband requested The Pioneer Woman's enchiladas so I made those with Mexican Rice, Beans and chips with the wonderful WW Avocado Lime sauce...we made fun fruity drinks and our friends brought ice cream for dessert (it happened to be light)....I think because I've been having a little bit of sugar each day, when I have days like this I don't go crazy. I know these aren't "forbidden" foods there are no "forbidden" foods - and mentally that works better for me.

So, even though I haven't had great weight loss this week, I've lost 10 lbs so far and that's awesome...plus, I know the next two weeks will be better and I feel great....

No comments: