Friday, March 16, 2012

Pork Carnitas - Recipe

So, today was my official weigh in and I was down to 256.1 so, I was down a little over a pound for this week and I'm happy with that!

Last night we had company and I made a new recipe. It was Pork Carnitas http://www.recipe-diaries.com/2010/03/24/slow-cooker-pork-carnitas/ I cannot even explain to you how good this was! It was smoky, spicy, garlic-y shredded pork yummy-ness and extremely easy to make. I bought crunchy taco shells for the kids and small whole wheat flour tortillas (1 point each) which were yummy! We made homemade salsa with our Ninja blender and, I happened to look on WW's recipe sight and the recipe of the day from Wednesday was this http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?sc=11&recipeid=324391 and this sauce was perfect on the pork! In fact, my husband decided he would like this sauce on everything from now on...very lime-y and refreshing with a little bite to it.

Such a great meal and perfect for company...Then, for dessert, I made the chocolate cake with non-fat Greek yogurt and it was yummy! The kids loved the cake too and that was fun!

These will definitely be made again and again!

No comments: