Thursday, March 15, 2012

Perseverance...

So, I'm almost two weeks down and I still feel really strong...I have more energy than I normally do, I'm getting more done. I've cut down my sugar and Diet Coke down quite a bit and I think that helps a lot with the up and down energy feelings. I'm eating tons more fruit and vegetables...

The only frustrating part is I don't seem to have lost any weight this week...last week I dropped so much that I think it's normal to lose less the second week...even on The Biggest Loser they all say week two is frustrating. I know the weight has to continue to come off - I'm eating less and better things, I'm more active that I was - so, it has to happen. I just have to make it through these times of frustration with the scale. I've tried not weighing every day, but only weighing once a week actually affects me worse than checking in with the scale each morning. It's like I build up in my mind that if it's been a week, I should have lost 20 lbs at least, right? If it's only 1 or 2, I'm disappointed. So, I'll continue to weigh each morning and realize that little ups and downs can be attributed to a salty meal the night before and I'll continue to realize that it has to go down. And, in the meantime, I feel better so why not eat this way forever??

Even with my scale frustration, I don't feel like quitting - in fact, it's the furthest thing from my mind - at least for today...again, I have no promises for tomorrow...but, today is good...

2 comments:

ab said...

I stayed exactly the same on week two; totally frustrating. But then it was fine the next week. I'm glad you're still strong; don't worry--you're still awesome!

TheologyMom said...

Yeah, week two is always bad I think, weight wise...I did lose a pound so I'll take it! :)