Monday, March 12, 2012

Heading Into Week Two...

and still feeling strong and it's kind of freaking me out....I mean, I feel really strong and good and not like I want to cheat at all...not that you can really "cheat" on WW, which is partially why I like it so much. But weird things like I ate out 3 times this last week and at each meal, someone at the table had French Fries and I didn't eat one...I did split cheesecake with a friend on Saturday, but it didn't completely derail me and that is weird for me....I've seriously cut back on my Diet Coke intake and upped my water and I'm not missing it...someone look for a pod...

It freaks me out though because I know I could wake up tomorrow and say "screw it I'm eating Hostess mini Powdered Sugar donuts for breakfast"...thankfully, we don't have any in the house, but you get my drift. I've never been able to sustain weight loss and even though I'm so early in this new journey, I know what my history is like and it scares me. I feel really good - I've already made it through the first few days where I get a headache from cutting back my sugar. I've gotten over that bloat-y feeling I tend to get when I first start eating more fiber and I'm in the "sweet spot" where I feel pretty great about everything. So how do I maintain this? I realize that I am no Pollyanna and I will hit a wall eventually so what happens then? I think I'm trying to prepare myself mentally that it will come and I'll have to face it then. I'm really trying to take it one meal at a time, one day at a time and realize that this is a slow and steady marathon not a sprint. I'm focusing mostly though on the fact that today, I feel good and strong and that is wonderful!

No comments: